Posting Start Date: 5/12/2023
Posting End Date: 9/30/2023
Compensation: Starting $49,500.00
To provide an appropriate educational atmosphere which encourages positive student learning and to participate in a dynamic setting with other classroom teachers, administrators, curriculum specialists and other staff members in the development and implementation of the school’s programs and goals.
1. Works with administrators and instructional teams to plan and implement hands-on programs and activities for students and the school.
2. Participates as an active member with other faculty and staff
3. Participates in a cooperative effort with faculty and staff to plan, implement and evaluate programs of continuing school improvement.
4. Manages classroom and supervises proper care of equipment used.
5. Participates in personal professional growth activities focused on the acquisition of new and improved skills and knowledge.
6. Diagnoses and analyzes student progress and programs for the purpose of providing appropriate instruction based on the developmental stages of students.
7. Utilizes a variety instructional techniques to meet the individual needs of students.
8. Utilizes technology and current research in instruction.
9. Evaluates student's progress on a regular basis.
10. Utilizes classroom management techniques conducive to an effective classroom climate.
11. Shows sensitivity to students, parents and the community and promotes student self esteem.
Knowledge of prescribed curriculum and child development; ability to communicate effectively using written and oral communication skills; knowledge of current research; basic knowledge of technology; planning and organizational skills; ability to manage the classroom and supervise students; skill in analyzing, diagnosing and evaluating student progress and programs; knowledge of varied learning styles; ability to use effective, positive interpersonal skills. Commitment to a core set of beliefs about teaching, learning, and ongoing professional development.
1. Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
2. Certification or eligible for certification by the Fl. State Department of Education to teach in the state of Fl.
FLDOE Certification in ESE K-12
FLDOE Certification in Elementary Education K-6
Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited institution
Reports to School Principal
- Teachers must also hold or be actively working towards the Autism Spectrum Endorsement.
- Teachers with Temporary Certification in ESE or Elementary Education must be actively completing Professional Certification requirements. The Teacher is responsible for completing Professional Competencies within the first year of teaching and any required tests (General Knowledge, Professional, Subject Area) Proof of class schedules need to be turned in to the office.
- Teachers are required to complete any required certification as determined by Orange Co. Public Schools and the State of Florida. This includes ESOL and Reading Endorsements (as needed) and Autism Spectrum Endorsement.
- 60 hours of ESOL trainings required for all Teachers and must be completed within the first year (120 hours + certification is required if you have an LEP student in your class). .
- Teachers are responsible for maintaining an updated certification – renewing as
Apply for this Job